Springs Creative is transforming the textile-related home and lifestyle industry. Driven by leading-edge design and development, the company supplies an assortment of products in Fabric, Crafts & Accessories, Home & Lifestyle and Technical & Specialty Fabrics. Products range from solid cottons and digitally printed custom fabrics to blankets, pillows, bags and more. Springs Creative also provides textile-related creative and technical services, including digital printing, marketing, and distribution.
We are committed to providing great customer service, bringing creativity and innovation, and remaining a diverse and positive company in the process.
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Complete journal entries as assigned by Controller
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Assist with internal financial reporting and profitability analysis.
- Ensure general ledger accuracy.
- Fixed asset management, processing and reporting.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Assist with financial audits.
- Contribute to miscellaneous projects.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 5+ years’ experience.
- Strong understanding of all areas of general accounting including leases, fixed assets, costing, payroll/compensation, allocations, etc.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other employees.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Prior experience analyzing information and reporting research results.
- Data Entry and general math skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and Financial Software such as QuickBooks. Advanced Excel preferred.
- Normal office setting, noise level in work environment is generally quiet.
- Small amount of domestic travel involved.
- Ability to handle office equipment (telephone, computer, etc.), and regular attendance.
- ZWhile performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.