Springs Creative is transforming the textile-related home and lifestyle industry. Driven by leading-edge design and development, the company supplies an assortment of products in Fabric, Crafts & Accessories, Home & Lifestyle and Technical & Specialty Fabrics. Products range from traditional and digitally printed fabrics to blankets, pillows, bags and more. Springs Creative also provides textile-related creative and technical services, including digital printing, marketing and distribution.
We are committed to providing great customer service, bringing creativity and innovation, and remaining a diverse and positive company in the process.
Department: Design Studio
Job Title: Textile Designer, Entertainment License
Reports To: Creative Director & Design Studio Traffic Manager
The Textile Designer, Entertainment License, will be responsible for the creation of innovative design ideas and graphics for textile- related products. The Designer must keep current on design trends as well as be extremely well versed in available brand guidelines from licensors. The Designer will partner and collaborate with other designers, merchants and sales personnel. A successful candidate will exhibit a clear passion and curiosity for textiles and animation as well as a strong eye for color and trends.
- Own the product design process from concept to commercialization, including market research, designing, sketching, and ensuring that each product is commercially appealing while maximizing the brand style guidelines
- Communicate with licensors for design approval; be prepared to defend design direction and provide business case for specific designs as needed.
- Coordinate strike off reviews and approvals with production support team
- Maintain trend awareness while conducting creative research for new ideas and development processes
- Possess a proficient understanding of CAD patterns, repeats and print separations across multiple substrates
- Responsible for working in coordination with the design team and to effectively collaborate with the Creative Director and Traffic
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member as well as supporting and participating in all applicable company-wide
- Communicate ideas and trends clearly to key personnel and customers
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new design and production techniques and textile technology
- Comfortable operating in “gray” areas and finding innovative ways to execute and overcome challenges
- Highly detailed oriented and organized, with the ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Practices superior time management
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and interact well with a wide variety of internal and external personnel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required or Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile Design, Graphic Design, Animation, or related field
- 1 – 3 years of digital content creation experience
- Technical knowledge of garment and fabric construction
- Entertainment License experience preferred
- Mandatory proficiency in both Mac and Windows environments as well as all Creative Suite programs Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.