Springs Creative is transforming the textile-related home and lifestyle industry. Driven by leading-edge design, development and application, the company supplies an assortment of products in Fabric, Crafts, Decorative, Home, Lifestyle and Technical/Specialty Fabrics.
The company headquarters and design center are located in Rock Hill, South Carolina (20 minutes from Charlotte) in a 100 year old cotton factory. In the design center, there are over 400,000 antique textile/art documents which serve as the nucleus of the operation. Located adjacent to the design center, the company’s world class digital printing facility operates with capabilities for multiple end uses and widths. Many additional capabilities exist including imaging services, fabrication, distribution/fulfillment, global sourcing, licensed product and decorative fabrics among many others.
Springs Creative Products Group, LLC is seeking a strategic leader to be a Director Distribution & Logistics. The successful candidate will possess proven experience in warehousing and distribution, third party logistics, customs compliance, and transportation management. High energy, flexibility, and the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously are essential qualities. Experience with FTZ and union work environment is strongly preferred.
Job Title: Director Distribution and Logistics
Reports To: CEO, Derick Close
- Participate in weekly executive staff meetings
- Participate in networking activities and strategic appointments as needed to secure new 3PL business and market other related Springs Creative services.
- Meet with customers and community leaders and provide warehouse tours from time to time.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and communications among customers, associates, supervisors, and executives.
- Coordinate with leadership team and HR in the processes of hiring, training, terminating, and disciplining associates.
- Act as Springs Creative’s liaison with the South Carolina Manufacturing Alliance, Chester County Chamber of Commerce, Charleston Port Authority, and other state and local organizations.
- Responsible for a $5M freight buy.
- Overall responsibility of the day-to-day operations for the Riverlawn (Fort Lawn, SC) and Baxter Mill (Rock Hill, SC) which have a total of approximately 500,000 square feet of warehouse and loading capacity and include a FTZ.
- Utilize lean practices in order to control labor costs.
- Responsible for the overall areas of safety, quality, on-time delivery, efficiency, cost reduction, and policy compliance for all warehousing locations.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing quality assurance standards, processes, and controls.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the two locations, including strategically allocating space for 3PL services and coordinating effectively with third party leasing specialist for appropriate utilization of space.
- Actively participate in Union negotiations and grievance procedures.
- Manage the warehouse maintenance supervisor, floor supervisors, and industrial engineer.
- The two warehouses currently operate one (1) shift five (5) days a week.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of US Customs Trade Compliance to ensure that the company operates in conformity with various rules & regulations including HTS and duty classifications.
- Interface with Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers and US Customs Officers.
- Negotiate all direct ocean carrier and NVO contracts (Approximate annual ocean spend $2.6m)
- Ensure continued C-TPAT Compliance through monthly on-site audits and continuous education.
- Keep abreast of and facilitate all FTZ processes & administration.
- Negotiate all small parcel contracts (Fedex, UPS, & USPS) and analyze monthly expenditure and assessorial charges. (Approximate annual spend for small parcel $800k)
- Manage the coordination of all international airfreight. (Approximate annual spend $300k)
- Work with PO Management Company (Expeditors) to ensure proper daily EDI feeds.
- Maintain monthly metrics such as Freight Dollars Spend, Duty Expenditure, Freight as a Percentage to Sales, Bunker Fluctuations by Quarter, LTL & TL Spend, Drayage volume & spend.
- Generate and analyze freight cost savings and provide Landed Cost reports to Sourcing/Planning Divisions
- Work with the team to ensure all delays, OS&D, and handling errors are communicated to the appropriate staff.
- Responsible for maintaining DOT compliance for tractor, trailers, box truck and van to include, registration, driver logs, Fuel Tax Filings, etc.
- Coordinate international and domestic airfreight as needed.
- Manage team of three logistics employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in warehousing and distributions, 5+ years of experience in Logistics and Transportation.
- Strong DOT and US Customs Compliance & Procedures knowledge.
- Regulatory proficiency in CFR – Customs Duties, C-TPAT, FTZ, and ACE.
- Experience with union workforce preferred.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Strong understanding of international logistics shipping and global supply chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Primarily Excel.
- Lean Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Oracle Platform – JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
- Ability to handle office equipment (telephone, computer, etc.), and regular attendance.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, use hands and fingers, talk and hear.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are committed to providing great customer service, bringing creativity and innovation, and remaining a diverse and positive company in the process.